Labor and Employment
Ohio Labor and Employment Lawyers
James E. Arnold & Associates, LPA, is a Columbus, Ohio law firm that also serves the Cleveland, Cincinnati, and Dayton areas. We focus on trial practice for both individuals and corporate clients, in both state and federal courts, including labor and employment law.
Our attorneys are experienced in every aspect of labor and employment counseling and representation for employers of every size, combining legal knowledge and experience with a real world understanding of smart, reasonable decision making when it comes to employees and their behavior. Our lawyers help organizations stay ahead of employment law trends, maintain effective and consistent workplace policies and practices, and prevent legal and compliance violations as much as possible. When disputes arise, we work to help clients resolve them as efficiently as possible.
We provide practical advice to employers regarding:
- All aspects of the employment relationship from hiring to termination
- Privacy and social media concerns
- Reductions in force and WARN act requirements
- Issues arising under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- The Equal Pay Act
- Anti-discrimination and whistleblowing laws
- Issues of loyalty and conflicts of interest
- Protection of employer intellectual property and confidential, proprietary information
The legal team at James E. Arnold & Associates, LPA, has extensive employment litigation experience involving all significant employment law issues, including the areas of sexual and racial harassment, reasonable accommodation of disabilities, discrimination, whistleblowing, wrongful discharge, and enforcement of non-compete, non-interference and non-disparagement contract provisions.
Our assistance to employers includes the following:
- Counseling on employee situations
- Workplace investigations
- Trainings on ethics, integrity and workplace law topics
- Complaint and litigation prevention and defense
- Executive employment agreements
- Employee policies and programs
- Federal, state and local compliance requirements
If you have concerns regarding business and commercial litigation, labor and employment law, or any other referenced practice area, contact James E. Arnold & Associates, LPA. Our lawyers represent clients in the state of Ohio including Columbus, Cincinnati, Cleveland, and Dayton.